Keep that summer fun momentum going right into fall with these outdoor activity calendars. Print them out and be reminded of all the fall activities for kids and families that you can still enjoy before the weather turns cold.
No excuses. Use these calendars to take away the guesswork of what to go do outside. Most of these activities are easy and can be done right from home. And while the majority of the suggested items are suited best for the preschooler aged child, the calendars can be adapted for older children too.
How to use the fall activity calendars
- Download the calendars – (You can either purchase the set for 99 cents or access them for free in our private resource library after joining the newsletter)
- Print out your calendars
- Tape them up on your wall or fridge or beside your family organization board
- When you’re finding yourself wondering what to do with the kids, take a look at the activity calendar and head outside!
A few notes on these fall activities for kids
The world outside is slowly ending and getting ready for a little sleep… the leaves are falling, gardens and orchards are ready to be harvested and enjoyed, the snow will soon fall and we start getting ready for the cozy holidays.
So, as long as the weather holds up you can still do all the great fun activities of summer, but you also get to add in leaf pile jumping and apple picking and cooler weather hiking and camping.
As mentioned above, most of the activities are free or frugal. They can usually be done right in your backyard or nearby.
If you’re wanting to add more involved fall activities you could write in some things like
- visit a corn maze
- go to a football game
- take a hay-wagon ride
- visit a farm during harvest time
- go to a fall fair
- enjoy the changes at the botanical garden, outdoor museum, or zoo
- Sign up for a family marathon or fundraising walk
- Volunteer for fall clean up at a local park or community garden
(Adventure Mom has put together a fun list of fall activities if you’re hunting for more ideas.)
You’ll notice that every Saturday on the calendar is ‘family adventure day’. This is here to remind you to take the opportunity to get out every weekend as a family and enjoy nature. You could choose to do one of the activities listed for that week or something else.
The bottom line is it really doesn’t matter what you’re doing outdoors or when. The important thing is that you’re actually going out and enjoying it as a family. These fall calendars are just a little reminder to get out there and offer a few suggestions of fall activities for kids and families that you might all enjoy.
What you should do now:
- Visit the resource library to download your calendars OR
- Join the take the outside Newsletter and get access to the library OR
- Grab your own set of fall activity calendars from our shop
Some other posts you’ll enjoy reading:
- How to make solar oven pizza box smores
- The best grab-and-go snacks for hiking and outdoor adventure