When I was young I hatched mosquitoes in my parent’s garage. I gave house vermin a second chance with catch and relocate programs. I wandered through the cornstalks; I picnicked in cow fields. I ran barefoot down the street, fed groundhogs by hand, and lay under the stars for hours.
I want this for my kids. I want this for your kids. This is how I spent my childhood and I’m almost certain my love of nature came from all those hours exploring and playing and just being outdoors.
I have recently come to the realization that I want to offer my kids all the outdoor experiences which I enjoyed. Or more specifically, I am realizing that both the natural world and my kids need this to happen… which brought me to writing this blog.
My mission for Take Them Outside is to help you reconnect yourself and your family with nature… for the benefit of the natural world, your kids, and everyone’s own well-being.
What you’ll find on Take Them Outside
Nature for Kids and Families
Bring nature into your heart, home, and family. Find out what the experts are saying regarding the interconnectedness of people and nature and how we can both benefit the other. Read how to bring the natural world into the home, how to get your family excited about nature with books, crafts, and activities, and discover tidbits on becoming eco-aware. Does Living a Natural Life appeal to you?
Get into Nature
The whole point of this blog is to get outside, to get into nature! Here you’ll discover activities, suggestions, guides, and inspiration for finding nature nearby and going beyond the backyard: gardening, outdoor pursuits, camping, hiking, and family travel. Are you ready to Get into Nature?
I couldn’t ignore the amazing nature I am so blessed to live in. Here, you can get information on family travel in Jasper National Park. Everything from what to do to where to stay… specifically geared towards visiting Jasper with children and with a desire to get into Jasper’s nature. Would you like to Explore Jasper?
Nine things about me:
- I love to escape into a good book, especially if it has dragons, or an impossible love story.
- Growing up I wanted to be a paleontologist or an ichthyologist. Then I took advanced math… and realized I was not meant to be a scientist.
- I never sing in the shower; I hold private concerts in the car.
- I’ve had a life-long aspiration of being a hippie, but it’s cold where I live and it’s hard to wear flowing skirts under snowsuits.
- I’ve also had a life-long aspiration of being vegetarian, but I can’t say no to ‘smoked meat with sauerkraut on rye’.
- I am a firm believer that one day Bigfoot will be found.
- I am terrified of meeting a mamma Grizzly, thanks to Leo and The Revenant.
- I hate being cold, sweating, in pain, or generally uncomfortable. Hence, I am not a fitness junky, or a lover of winter sports; however, I once carried a canoe on my shoulders for 2.2 kilometers.
- Over the years I have loved and cared for: 1 dog, 6 cats, 1 hedgehog, an army of tadpoles, 1 wolf spider, 1 rabbit, 2 gerbils, 2 mice, 2 rats, schools of fish, jars and jars of Sea Monkeys, and 1 snake (no idea what kind – I found it under a log).
One thing about my family:
- I have three kids and one husband. They are awesome.
Your comments, questions, and feedback are welcomed and appreciated. You may contact me through email Jenn@TakeThemOutside.com or by the following form. I look forward to hearing from you.
A few more important words:
Take Them Outside is my blog. Don’t steal or copy content without my permission. I write about parenting, travelling, and adventure but you are responsible for using this information with reasonable judgement and common sense.
I use affiliate marketing to help support (fund) my time and efforts. If you happen to make a purchase after clicking though any links from Take Them Outside, I will receive a small commission. There is no added cost to you as a consumer. Thanks for your support.
Amazon specifically requests I tell you this: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Last updated May 24, 2018.